The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen Y Kim-James has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
My 8 year old son has a wart on his knee. We have been there 5 times. The last time it looked infected so they swabbed it put him on meds and sent us on our way. 30 days later I receive a bill from quest for his culture. They never told me it was leaving the office or let me pick which lab to send it to. When I talked to UHC they said I should have been asked which lab I prefer. I then called the office to ask why this happened and they told me that they had stopped using labcorp (in-network) I asked why I wasn't given a choice of where it was going and the nurse manager said sorry they didn't tell you but nothing can be done at this point. The bill was already sent to them. I explained AGAIN that I was not aware that this was even leaving the office and was not notified or given an option. She then said "What do you want done?" I said I wanted the bill taken care of! She said "You want the doctor to write you a check?......That's not happening!" I then requested to speak directly to the Dr herself. She (the nurse) then told me she wouldn't discuss a bill over the phone. I told them that I was pretty sure they wouldn't want me there in person discussing this! I again requested to have the dr call me back. 4 days later, I emailed the office asking for the dr to call me. Still waiting.............
I felt like I was rushed. She was in and was out, before I knew it. First time I called, for a mole check. I informed the receptionist I had other concerns....instead of setting me up for a body scan. I had the couple of moles checked, and that was it. I had to come back for a body scan. That showed nothing else. What a Waste of my time!!! Make sure you tell them you would like your entire body checked. She is the single bread winner in her home. Guess thats why she doesn't have time or patents to sit down and talk about your issues. Get them in and out. She seemed knowledgeable for the little time I spent with her.
13 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Helen Y Kim-James accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChesterfield Valley Dermatology, 100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy Ste 110, Chesterfield, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helen Y Kim-James in this video.
Dr. Helen Y Kim-James is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.