Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Hernan P Castro-Rueda has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hernan P Castro-Rueda has the following 10 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Hernan P Castro-Rueda has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hernan P Castro-Rueda is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 16
I showed up at my scheduled appointment in extreme pain from my left knee. Before coming I had gotten knee xrays. I moved mountains to attempt to get to my appointment this morning on time. I came in 10 minutes late and was told I had to reschedule. I was shocked. I've been seeing various doctors for decades now and have NEVER been told I had to reschedule when a mere 10 minutes late. I would understand 15 minutes but in light of doctor's habits of keeping patients waiting upwards to an hour and more, I could not believe they would have a 10 minutes policy. When I asked a few times what accommodations they made for patients who were kept waiting by the doctor for more than 10 minutes, I got no answer. Obviously the patients' time is a lot less important to them. The office manager (April?) obviously didn't care at all when I talked to her. Her attitude was cold and bordering on rude. I guess because there are a limited number of rheumatologists in this area they place no emphasis on customer service. Having a background in sales, I'm always shocked when businesses have such unfriendly policies and attitudes toward their customers.
I had a very good experience with Dr. Castro- Rueda regarding my joint and inflammation pain. It got really bad and debilitating... I realized I needed a rheumatologist. I felt he really cared and carefully listened and asked me multiple questions about my symptoms, ordered needed test before selecting appropriate treatment and medication. I have been almost pain and inflammation free for a year now, depending on the weather conditions I take aspirins to ease the pain and that is enough, Dr. Castro-Rueda monitors my progress every 6 months with blood work and office check ups.
I was 12 minutes late for an appointment and was turned away. I rescheduled the next day. I showed up 10 minutes early but did not get called out of the waiting room until 12 minutes after my appointment time. I got up expressed my extreme dissatisfaction and left. Obviously Dr. Castro-Rueda expects behavior from his patients that does not apply to him.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Hernan P Castro-Rueda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsMission Heritage Medical Group, 26732 Crown Valley Pkwy Ste 151, Mission Viejo, CA
Dr. Hernan P Castro-Rueda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.