Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John F Cary has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 13
I have been a patient of Dr. Cary's for 20 to 25 PLUS years, I too found him by accident and have never been happier, sadly Bonnie has retired, but he is wonderful; I never had any problems with the staff, until THIS YEAR, I have seen a serious lack of courtesy AND incompetence from the staff. When I called AGAIN today regarding a blood test I was told it was already faxed and they would not fax it again (but would mail it, however no address was verified), surprisingly 40 minutes later I got a call from the lab that the "order" had just been received (46 hours after I called for it initially)! I was also told by the staff that if I didn't not like their services I should find another doctor. When I asked to speak to Dr. Cary I was told she was going to hang up and she did. I called back and asked Dr. Cary to please call me, so far, 10 hours later NO RETURN call, did they even give him the request to call me back ? There are more instances, but I may run out of space
Dr. Cary is, quite simply, an excellent internist. He is thorough, knowledgeable and quite easy to talk to. Unfortunately, a member of his staff, Laurina, botched a request, and then, when I later followed up to see if the matter had been corrected, was quite rude and didn't seem to mind showing actual anger with me on the phone, which left me feeling uncomfortable returning to Dr. Cary.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2012, 2015, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
34 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Mercy Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. John F Cary accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsManassas Internal Medicine, 9303 Forest Point Cir, Manassas, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John F Cary in this video.
Dr. John F Cary is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manassas, VA.