Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John T Gaffney has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. John T Gaffney has the following 4 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 43
I have had two experiences. Both times the wait time to be seen was over an hour. Waiting room was standing only. How can that be? The office staff does not make any eye contact as they know the scheduling is a mess. Once in the exam room another 15 minute wait. Was told to go for an MRI, had it done the next day and called the office three times for the results. No return call and it was a Friday so had to wait until Monday. Being that most of the patients are pediatric you would expect an atmosphere of kindness and caring.....I will be going elsewhere in the future. The exam room I was in needed to be painted.
Horrible interaction with most members of the staff except radiology. The receptionist and billing ladies were rude and unhelpful. Dr. Gaffney has TERRIBLE bedside manners, he rushed through the diagnosis, and quite frankly insulted me and my nephew. Completely unprofessional and most importantly had ZERO compassion. Would never recommend, will never go back.
He incorrectly preformed my ACL surgery, a common procedure. When I noticed something was wrong in my recovery he disappeared and I was shuttled around through the doctors in the practice who refused to acknowledge there was something wrong. Even after an MRI they either were not able or did not identify the problem. I had to go elsewhere at the instance of my physical therapist to get the problem identified and fixed through further surgery.
22 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. John T Gaffney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWinthrop Orthopedic Associates, 1300 Franklin Ave Ste UL3A, Garden City, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John T Gaffney in this video.
Dr. John T Gaffney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Garden City, NY.