- Bayfront Health St Petersburg
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lora Brown has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Lora Brown has the following 7 expertise
- Back Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Primary Headache Disorders
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Lora Brown Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Lora Brown
Dr. Lora Brown is among the first state-approved medical marijuana physicians in Florida who can recommend medical cannabis for patients suffering from symptoms related to debilitating medical conditions such as: multiple sclerosis, ALS, PTSD, Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma, AIDS and HIV, severe muscle spasms, seizures/epilepsy and cancer.
When used correctly with proper dosing, medical marijuana is safe and can be effective for patients of all ages.
Dr. Brown has a respected 17-year background in the field of interventional pain medicine. During her career, she has seen the ravaging effects of opioid medication abuse in Florida. She was a vocal proponent for regulations to curb abuse. She has served on the Florida governor’s Drug Policy Advisory Council. She was the medical director of the non-profit educational campaign called WAKE UP!, which focused on educating teens and communities about the dangers of prescription drug abuse.
Dr. Brown is excited to be able to offer medical cannabis to her patients. She studies the medical and political history associated with its use and strongly believes in medical cannabis as a safe and potentially effective tool for many of her patients.
Dr. Brown is passionate about learning. The field of medical cannabis and endocannabinoid research is rapidly evolving. Dr. Brown remains at the forefront by attending several scientific seminars every year and reading related clinical journals weekly.