Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Lynch
Dr. Michael Lynch, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norwalk, CT, with another office in Norwalk, CT. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Dr. Lynch is affiliated with Norwalk Hospital, Griffin Hospital and Stamford Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Lynch has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Lynch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT Associate Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon 1992 to Present
Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk CT
Norwalk Hospital Association
St Vincent's Medical Center
33 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Lutheran Deaconess Hospital
Dr. Michael Lynch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Lynch in this video.
Dr. Michael Lynch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwalk, CT.