Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nelman C Low has the following 2 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Hair Restoration
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Very rushed. Very impatient. Quick to hear your story. He is not comforting at all and wants to run out of the room while you are talking.Tells you that you look better than in the first visit even though you look ant feel exactly the same.He doesn't take the next step into really wanting to find out what you have or how he can treat it. Waste of time and really uncaring. Just prescribes stuff and leaves. Don't go to him.
Bottom line: Dr Low's examination of me was so short and quick; he comes across as aloof and uncaring. Probably just his personality and style. But he eventually recommended sinus surgery, that other ENT's later said was too radical, probably unnecessary and dod more harm than good. Performed a septorhinopalsty with subcutaneous resection of middle turbinates. In the recovery room, I noticed that my left nostril felt like it had collapsed. When I mentioned this to him he said "shhh." What? He mentioned to my wife that he "removed a large amount of my septum." I have since suffered with what is known as empty nose syndrome - as a direct result of his incompetence. I have had another surgery to try to rebuild my septum - although it wasn't compltely successful. I now have chronic sinusitis - in large part thanks to Dr. Low. Other ENT's have since told me he shouldn't have done what he did and he has a less than stellar reputation in the South Bay area among other ENTs. Although he's a past president of the local board of specialists. I suggest yoiu find another ENT. This guy is incompetent.
Do not go to this doctor!!! My dad went to him after two months of coughing, sore throat and losing weight. Nelman Low Did not perform any physical examination!! He took a quick peek at my dad's throat and prescribed medication for allergy. My dad went back three weeks later with worsened condition. He again sent my dad home after 2 minutes visits with no physical examination even though my dad asked him whether it could be cancer (he has two siblings with. A couple of weeks later, my dad felt a lump on his neck and went to ER. He was diagnosed with throat cancer. Nelman Low took away precious time from my dad! He has no business practicing medicine. He is not only incompetent; but also rude and arrogant.Please do not let him work on your or your loved ones!
42 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Nelman C Low accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nelman C Low in this video.
Dr. Nelman C Low is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.