Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sean W Koppe has the following 2 specialties
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sean W Koppe has the following 9 expertise
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Back Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Koppe is to be recognized for his attentive manner in which he cares for his patients. I thought I was alone in thinking this until I overheard 2 patients talking about Dr. Koppe in the waiting area. Both praising how good Dr. Koppe attends to them. I wish there were more like him! He is prompt to get back to me whenever I have a question, he speaks direct and clearly as to what he diagnoses... I feel very fortunate to have him as my Dr.
Dr. Koppe was patient, instructive, reliable, down-to-earth, laid back, and someone with a great bedside manner. I felt secure in the diagnosis given to me by this doctor and would recommend him to family members as well as friends in a heartbeat. This doctor was caring when I met with him; he also took the time to make sure all of my questions were answered (as I had many). For this reason, I did not feel rushed nor did I feel like I was dealing with an "arrogant-doctor" type. Instead Dr. Koppe made me feel like I was working with a doctor who genuinely cares about me as person (and not a number) as well as my well-being and health.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUic College Of Medicine, 840 S Wood St, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sean W Koppe in this video.
Dr. Sean W Koppe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.