Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sujata M Kumbar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sujata M Kumbar has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Sujata M Kumbar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I like Dr. Kumbar. She is knowledgeable in her area. I think her bedside manner is appropriate. I am usually in and out of the office in less than an hour. The problem I do have with this office is often my Dr. appointments are cancelled by the office, then the office has a hard time rescheduling me. This is the one big thing that needs to change with this Dr. and the office. Otherwise, I am rather satisfied with them. I have been going there for over 2 years.
Dr. Kumbar was great when I was first noted to have an out of whack thyroid. However, once the reason for the crazy numbers was discovered she ceased being open minded about how I wanted to proceed with my care. Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is NOT a disease of the Thyroid; it is an autoimmune disease that attacks Thyroid function. My enlarged Thyroid gland was a focal point for her - she wanted to remove it or use RAI treatment - I did not. Needless to say, I found another Dr. and also a Wellness Dr. who both help me in their own ways and my thyroid is no longer enlarged, my numbers (ALL OF MY numbers) are normal.
Dr. Kumbar is a hypothyroid patient's worst nightmare. She only considers synthroid for t-4 treatment. She insinuated that my inability to lost weight was due to lifestyle choices, when my thyroid numbers were basically zero. She then had me go off all of my thryoid medication and told me to return in a month (end of October). I was lucky enough to land a new job, starting 2 days before my follow up appointment. I called to reschedule and they told me they wouldn't be able to fit me in until January. Knowing I'd be symptomatic, incredibly hypothyroid and miserable, they were going to keep someone with basically no thyroid production off of medicine for 5 months. What a joke this woman and her practice are-avoid her!
14 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Sujata M Kumbar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sujata M Kumbar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Medford, NY.