Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Derbes
Dr. Thomas Derbes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Panama City, FL, with other offices in Panama City, FL and Panama City, FL (and 1 other location). He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Management and Neurology. Dr. Derbes is affiliated with Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, Northwest Florida Surgery Center and Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Derbes has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Acute Pain
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 59
After many years of suffering I found relief from pain in my lower back immediately after Doctor Derbes gave me shots. Been thru two sessions so far and I'll tell you I thank Dr. Rohan for referring me to him.
Dr Derbes is an excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable, kind, and caring. Goes above and beyond to help you as a patient, a great experience. Would recommend him to anyone---anytime. Would never hesitate or question that, believe in his abilities to help you determine your issues and to do all to help you. Great person & Doctor. Excellent staff too.-Sara.
Dr. Derbes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northwest Florida Surgery Center
Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital
Gulf Coast Med Ctr, Panama City, Fl
37 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Thomas Derbes accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Derbes in this video.
Dr. Thomas Derbes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Panama City, FL.