Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven J Hattrup has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Joint Instability
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
PA is pretty cold. Doc doesn't talk much but gets the job done.
I needed total shoulder replacement and even though Mayo Clinic and Dr. Hattrup were out of network for my insurance, they came highly recommended. I couldn't be happier with the pre-operative appointments, the care on the morning of surgery, the hopsital experience, and the recuperation afterwards. My shoulder operation was TOTALLY pain free and I have not had one moment of pain since. It is a mircle, since I had barely been able to use my arm for years because of bone on bone arthritis. Now I can reach over my head without even thinking about it. The operation was 12 weeks ago and I am completely satisfied with Dr. Hattrup and my new shoulder. I highly recommend him.
I had a major problem with my shoulder from a fall down some stairs where I broke and dislocated my shoulder. After 2 other surgeries (other Dr's of course) and 6 months of PT I could not lift my hand beyond the top of my head. I went to see Dr. Hattrup on the recommendation of another PT patient (retired Dr.) and he said he could solve the problem *move my arm and get rid of the pain) with no problem.Well he wasn't kidding, I felt better an hour after surgery then I had for 6 months. I am totally pain free, and my shoulder movement is about 95%. I cannot bowl (cannot quite get that far back) but that's about it. I can do anything else I used to do and the PT time was short. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hattrup to anyone seeking a top drawer ortho. Mayo is also a GREAT hospital, would not go anywhere else if I could help it.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Steven J Hattrup accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven J Hattrup is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.