Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Guven Uzun
Dr. Guven Uzun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beverly Hills, CA, with another office in Playa Vista, CA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Uzun is affiliated with Centinela Hospital Medical Center, Southern California Hospital at Culver City and Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Guven Uzun has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Back Pain
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 37
I wish I could write a better review about this place but it is by far the worst clinic I have ever been to! The satff is rude, never call you back when they promise and when you follow up, still they can't help with anything you ask! All you hear is we are busy, you have to come down. And the reason for that is of course, they want to charge you another visit. I have had some treatments here which didn't help me to get better at all so I had to go and see other doctors. But before I gave up, Dr.Uzun insisted on so many unnecessary procedures and convinced me to do them. And in the end, they send me a $2200 bill which I have no idea why, because they are within my newtwork and I am fully insured! HIS OFFICE LIED TO ME SAYING I AM WITHIN THEIR NETWORK and when I try to solve the problem, guess what?!! Again, none of the staff is helping me and they are pushing me around! DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE, YOU GET BURNED !
Dr. Uzun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center
23 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Guven Uzun accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Guven Uzun in this video.
Dr. Guven Uzun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.