Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nadia A Alawi-Kakomanolis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have no idea who failed to rate Dr. Alawi a perfect 5, but I seriously question their judgment. Dr. Alawi is awesome! I have seen her twice, and both times she has been fantastic. She is extremely patient and caring; she listens carefully, is very kind, and is obviously personally concerned about the well-being of her patients.
I have seen Dr. Alawi three times in one month. She comes into the exam room well prepared, up-to-date on my condition. Explains her diagnoses with clarity and confidence. I never feel that she is rushing me out the door. She listens carefully - a very important attribute - definitely focused on the patient, not distracted or impatient. I would not hesitate to send other family members to see her. I'm confident that she is well educated, experienced and highly competent. The nature of my injury has caused me to be stressed out (physically and emotionally traumatic). I consider myself fortunate to have been sent to Dr Alawi, because she shows utmost empathy and concern for my well-being. Very happy with this Doctor and her office staff (front desk, medical assistants).
14 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2004
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nadia A Alawi-Kakomanolis in this video.
Dr. Nadia A Alawi-Kakomanolis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.